PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parking at the bowser and wandering off
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2011, 03:57
Continental-520

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen Y?

No offence to you gen Y folk, but the way some have their brains wired, they just don't seem to notice when they're really inconveniencing and pissing off us grissly old wrinklies... Its not that they don't care, they just don't have the capacity to sense it.... they are almost always very polite and apologetic when these things are gently brought to their attention. You cant blame the poor darlings, they cannot helpi it
I agree with most of that statement, however I would put it down more to inexperience than a Gen Y attribute. Reason I say this, is because I have found there to be just as much 'inconsideration' or 'poor airmanship' (whatever you want to call it) from older, grumpier pilots that are in some cases less experienced as I have from the typical/stereotype Gen Y sort.

Traffic seperation OCTA is a good one - I've been given the impression at times that because some pilots are older they automatically assume that they are superior and therefore don't need to tell me where they are before I blast off and end up seeing them far too close to me and trying to get a word on in on the radio in between the TCAS going ape $hit!

But yes, Gen Y or not, being a bowser hog is blatantly inconsiderate.