PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR: Search & Rescue Ops
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 11:48
DeepC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks very much everybody for the replies.

Oops78: I tried very hard not to be too critical but presented the situations as I witnessed them first hand. Sorry if I hit a raw nerve because that was not intended. More a 'heads up' from someone on the ground who saw a situation develop that could have been avoided. My post did not 'sling around accusations of unproffesionalism'.

I think it could safely be assumed that there was a breakdown in communication on the days in question and a sledgehammer/nut situation developed. I would have thought that the crew could have held off at a suitable distance (higher or over the sea) until the situation panned out into something that required their services.

That said, it is amazing that in the part of the UK that this happened you can have a cliff rescue team and one or two helicopters on seen within 10 minutes. Truly outstanding service and as I said if the situation had panned out into a situation where the direct input of the Helicopter was needed then the damage and inconvenience would have very soon been forgotten.

Once again thanks for your input.

DeepC

Last edited by DeepC; 2nd Sep 2002 at 11:56.