PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 22:15
Osprey123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOH-MAN

I seem to remember that Flybe attempted to resurrect the above route last summer (2010) - and just about managed it, but at what cost - and pulled the plug anyway, many were surprised it lasted that long .

As was mentioned by others, the original routing was 'I believe' Dan-Air (748 - how I loved those Dart - engined aircraft [sad but true]). This was then taken up by Metropolitan Airways using a vomit comet (SD3-30 - well 2), one routing was BOH-CWL-MAN-NCL-GLA, looping through MAN - started badly but improved with 80-90% load factors daily on both this and the cross-country through BRS and LBA, prior to its eventual failure. There were problems but overall the return and response of the pax was positive.

However if I recall correctly, there was talk that the maintenance company may have been responsible for much of Metropolitan's hardship and eventual demise - suffice to say the maintenance company collapsed shortly afterwards, no surprises there eh, too greedy - what goes around comes around (Glos Air) ......... C'est la vie !!!

Another disaster or disappointment (however you wish to interpret it) was the demise of the fledgling BOH-CDG metro-liner III carrier (sorry can't think of its name) employing mini hostesses which was cute - I believe this may have been bad management/backing but there you go, I recall some of the senior management team and initial AOC planning (pretty sound at the outset) - but sadly wasn't to be.

BOH has a lot of potential, pity the marketing has come in so late - 2011 will be one to watch, lets hope the outcome isn't too negative never mind eh - as it relates to BOH Ops, a real pity, especially with all the investment - would love to see 'Eastern Airlines (UK)', Thomas Cook and Monarch at BOH. That would be interesting.....

Anyway roll on Feb 2nd when Ryanair should be coming back (but for how long). The new arrivals terminal is looking sleek too, from what one can see, NOT before time.