PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 21:53
gmidx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Random Flyer: Wolfgang P S was visiting Edinburgh on Wednesday and not Glasgow. He was in town to lobby the Scottish Parliament regarding the unfair rise in BAA Heathrow landing charges. He also managed to fit in a EDI base visit and I have been advised that he held a question and answer session with bmi EDI ground staff.

It is widely acknowledged that domestic routes are making a loss and a serious headache for bmi not only in the press but by WPS himself. The GLA-LHR route is not doomed. A frequency cut from six to four seem on the cards (prob EMB A/C) as bmi will have to uphold at least 4 times daily frequency as required by the Star Alliance.

nef: I also agree that no new GLA-FRA route will open until the new runway at FRA comes into operation. I hear that easyjet are eager to start operations into FRA. To counter this LH are almost certain to use every spare slot to stop them. I am sure LH will start new connections to UK regions and we could see the reinstatement of the EDI/FRA nightstopper and who knows this could be with bmi metal.......