PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 21:05
scran
Music Quizmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boofhead - dissappointing post from you.

We are not attacking the tall poppy - the tall poppy started all this with a ridiculous triad against people who cannot defend themselves.......

Max1 - well done - you have agreed with EXACTLY what I suggested I might have done - but Dick keeps telling me I'm wrong, or don't understand, or whatever (I find it hard to follow his argument - when did I ever say I would not consider the revised options?)

Hey Dick - how do you know I would not support a trial of the procedures you suggest? Where did I EVER say I would not? See why we find you hard to follow?

Oh, and here is an AMAZING point (and Boofhead - you learnt to fly here didn't you?)

Military Controllers at Pearce use EXACTLY some of the procedures you suggest - in that in the Pearce training areas - they only provide IFR separation between IFR aircraft - and provide traffic info on the VFR's. Only between military aircraft it's true - but they do use the rules. (How do I know this? I was Senior Air Traffic COntrol officer at Pearce during the ATC part of my career)

And DIck, I last actively controlled in 1992, and left the military (after numerous staff positions outside the ATC category) in 2007.