PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR Revisited ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 18:15
EGGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will only be bad news I,m afraid, I see in todays press that LOA and "other" expenses have now been hammered for the troops, bet the civvies dont get touched though"

I'll bite as well, civil servants have already lost Incidental expenses allowance as well as the same reduction in motor mileage allowance as service personnel. They have also slashed the terms for voluntary and compulsory redundancy.

Management are also removing the move on PPI terms if you change jobs and the new job is further than daily travelling distance, unless the business are are willing to fund this. Guess how many will actually do this in future?. That will mean civil servants will have to move home entirely at their own expense.

When all the jobs go to Abbeyood which is fast becoming the centre of the universe most people won't be able to afford to move even if they wanted to. So when your job is cut and they tell you to go to the other end of the country you have to bear the cost or leave.

Thats before they get round to reducing the terms of such expenses.

I was talking to someone from private industry who has just got a temporary census job for the Dept for National Statistics. they were horrified to find that the CS only pays 25p per mile. So much for civil servant fatcats.

We are all going to be shafted so why knock the CS?

EGGP

Last edited by EGGP; 20th Jan 2011 at 18:21. Reason: extra information