PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 11:13
SadPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARRAKIS

We know the president wasn't in the cockpit.
How do we know that? As far as I could tell, this was one of the leading theories from the beginning, but then it was hashed up and all that BS with Kaczynski doing the "our brothers the Russians" took over so it was un-PC to pursue it further with Kaczynski being laid to rest at Wawel and such. For all we know, there could have been some political deal made so that everyone is happy, but then Kaczynski lost the election and the deal no longer suited him so he did 180 on that one. If Russians made such a deal, I do hope they now blow it wide open. On the other hand, I can see how the current mess in Poland can suit them quite well. Long term, however, it is bad news for both Poles and Russians.

What is the evidence on where Kaczynski's body was found?

Could you please spare us that political BS.
I hope that by that you don’t mean the article quotes with the newly deciphered sentences being said in the cockpit, just my comments to it.

Here is why I said it. I have a big problem with the unrealistic "crew pressing the GoAround button for 7-15[s] and then doing nothing else" being pursued here being PC, while the very realistic theory of crew being completely stripped of their decision making powers somehow being "political".

Are you a politician or something? You think throwing the crew under the bus and letting the likely real culprits off the hook is such a cool idea?

Let's see how that button theory looks again, shall we?

Duh, duh, duh. I am a pressing the button.
1 potato
2 potato
Duh, duh, duh. Nothing happened but I am not gonna say anything.
3 potato PULL-UP
4 potato PULL-UP
Dud, duh, duh. Usually when I press that there button them there thingamabobs move up to "takoff", but duh, duh, duh, now they didn't.
5 potato PULL-UP
6 potato PULL-UP
Duh, duh, duh. Nothing happened but I am not gonna say anything.
7 potato PULL-UP
8 potato PULL-UP
Tam ti tam. Maybe I ought to press that there button again.
9 potato PULL-UP
10 potato PULL-UP
Duh, duh, duh. Pressin da button AGAIN. But not saying anything.
11 potato PULL-UP
12 potato PULL-UP
Tam ti tam. Maybe I ought to move them there thingamabobs up. Not saying anything though.
13 potato PULL-UP
14 potato PULL-UP

Even if you cut the prospective button confusion time down to say 6 seconds, it looks pretty unrealistic and still not the MAIN CAUSE of the crash.

Now contrast it with pretty clearly PROVEN theory that someone other than the crew decided to make the call on goaround. The crew tells him – we cannot see anything, but he does not even know what that means, and they are too intimidated to tell him.

Now, there used to be a pilot flying VIPs who was not so intimidated. But Kaczynski got rid of him after he told him no way he was going to fly the Tu-154 into a war zone without clearance from the Russians. I carefully checked all what was said about Protasiuk, and the first thing that everyone said about him was "He was such a NICE guy". Do you really like the idea of a NICE guy in such a predicament?