PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parking at the bowser and wandering off
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 10:08
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, bowser etiquette just isn't what it used to be. Was at the bowser the other day and someone pulls up right behind me in a 172. Fair enough. But then his mate, was obviously taxiing around the other way to pull up right in front of me. "Surely not" I thought. I thought wrong.
He got the big "wave off" and then decided he'd better pull up behind his mate and wait his turn. Can't have been thinking to hard there.

Anyway, at the avgas bowser yesterday which was right beside the Jet A1 bowser and I spotted this metallic grey coloured egg-beater, which I identified as a squirrel, approaching the field at Warp 7 (had a deadline to meet evidentally).
A straight in on 35, making a bee-line for the Avtur bowser which was not more than 40 feet from where I was perched precariously balanced on the top of this rickety ladder filling the 210. "Surely not" I thought. I thought wrong. Again.
I nearly fell off the ladder and onto the top of the wing. It was only because I was able grip the leading edge of the wing and steady myself that I didn't go for a burton. I reckon the tips of the rotor blades weren't more than 30 feet from where I was balanced. Not good enough I'm afraid.
Still can't believe the guy actually pulled up that close to me. Does make you wonder.