PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Floods & MRH90
Thread: Floods & MRH90
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 10:07
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
HPT,
Do you honestly think anyone is debating the point that in-service personal WOULD NOT GIVE UP THEIR LEAVE TO SAVE LIVES. Get a grip.
My beef is with someone bitching about a stand down period over Christmas. Lots of people, police, nurses, ADF work over Christmas. To say the ADF shouldn’t have a stand down period over Christmas is rubbish. Did all those personal work last Christmas, nope. Did those that did have leave at some other time, yep and that was just brilliant to have leave with the family but miss out on Christmas with the kids.
Yep let’s see the last flood that bad was in 1974. We have a certain amount of capacity and resources. Why don’t we have the capability with the ADF helo’s for fire fighting? What is more likely over summer, a catastrophic floods or fire. Back to my last post, if you want the capability pay for it.
Yep you are so right, launch the fleet. We don’t have any SOP’s, authority, briefing’s but we are just gunna launch and save the day. What a load of drivel. And no doubt if a helo pilot was at his aircraft and was informed that someone was in imminent danger and had details of where and had a crew and had the aircraft ready to go, yeah I can guarantee he would have turned and burned and taken the consequences later, but where any of those things lined up??????
As for the rest read ftrplt’s post.