PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Debate Between Flying Schools IGRUA/NFTI and those in U.S/Canada/Australia etc
Old 20th Jan 2011, 07:18
kunaal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@FlyByWire320

Although we're talking about the ease of examinations held in India, this discussion sheds more light onto the ease of access in the system. It's about how the FAA system has excellently utilized all of its resources to keep it a smooth ongoing process.

Now clearly you haven't understood the point where FAA fortifies flight training with the "most relevant" magnitude of ground knowledge. Obviously I wouldn't blame the system. Every system has it's own flaws and so does the FAA. Outsourcing, being the major flaw in the Indian aviation and licensing authority, hasn't left commercial license holders with much of an option other than an employment pause.

Reading this could probably contradict the golden rule "A good pilot is always learning" but there's a difference between having modern relevant knowledge and studying futile navigational subjects. I definitely applaud you for solving FAA question banks in the 12th grade, not many of us do that.

As far as comparing core instrument topics that we know, to saying a PRE SPL candidate in IGRUA or NFTI could answer those "silly stupid questions", I'm sure there's going to be a plethora of arguments and contradiction to that. Unless you're trying to prove coercion, that's simply not possible.

If at all there should be a comparison, it should be with a more burdensome licensing authority like the JAA. India lacks on certain transparency and ease-of-public-access issues, which when cleared would beyond any doubt help all the pilots to grow this new age.