PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Floods & MRH90
Thread: Floods & MRH90
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2011, 06:58
Hydraulic Palm Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finestkind

Wiki says that there are 57,697 full-time active-duty personnel, 21,248 active reserves and 22,166 standby reserves. It also state that about 3000 are deployed at any one time. Those that spent last Christmas away got leave following that duty, and would, I'm sure have given their stand down to potentially save a life or assist with the recovery.

They cannot just take off to give hand, with or without equipment.
Of cause they can. That is why they have a Commanding Officer and risk management profiles....''I'm sorry I can't get airborne to rescue the family on the roof in Oakey as CDF hasn't said I can....'' what a load of horse brasses! Why do we give people rank, command and authority if they cannot use common sense.

Did Oakey for example call the local councils (and their parent HQ) and say íf you ask through official channels we can have XX Blackhawks and XX Kiowas and a 412 ready in XX days'. If not, they should have done as the personnel on that base live in the local community and should be seeking to assist in anyway they can, even if it means playing the system! Does the ADF have an effective recall system........?