PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Debate Between Flying Schools IGRUA/NFTI and those in U.S/Canada/Australia etc
Old 20th Jan 2011, 05:55
FlyByWire320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RGNFTI and IGRUA are the best.........

@koolchaos3188

All our instructors and examiners are ex-IAF/NAVY/ARMY Aviators of the ranks of Air Vice Marshall, Air Commodore, who have flown aircrafts like IL-76/78, Mig-21's, Jaguars. Both in IGRUA as well as NFTI.
We had a few FAA Instructors initially, but they were later kicked out as they could not clear their DGCA regulations and composite exam whic is extremely simple.

@cyrilroy21

Remember that your ultimate aim is to fly airplanes and not explain the theory behind them ( unless ofcourse you work as an instructor )
Even a monkey can fly an aircraft. Suppose you have an A320, would you let a pilot fly it if he has no idea about the ABCD.... of aerodynamics, meteorology? Think again boy, its a 300 crore jet carrying 180 souls on board.

Now lets begin with the FAA written exam . In FAA the question banks are freely available and only those questions in those question banks are asked for the exam . All topics are inlcuded in this one exam .
Meterology , navigation , regulation , technical , etc .
Ya i have seen those SPL level question banks, used to solve those when i was in +2 and before my SPL exam.

Like I said Knowledge is useless if you dont know how to apply it
Thats the reason FAA CPL holders are working in call centres or selling milk. Your mentality regarding knowledge clearly shows in all the airline written exams too, 90% of you people never clear the written.

One of the reasons why FAA license holders are able to finish in 6 months are because they can take the exams any day they please and almost wherever they please as there are thousands of testing centres located all over the country
Ya thats what you FAA cadets do, you fail every half an hour and then keep reappearing and somehow pass the exam within a few days or a week, cause the same questions keep on reappearing.

Even though the FAA written exams are easy and one can easily score above 90%.... the FAA practical tests are not
They are not just easy, they are a piece of cake.

The first question i was always how would you know whether the aircaft you are flying today is legally capable for flight ( application of knowledge of regulation )
You have to explain all the documents required on board, the minimum equipment required , the weather minima for the airspace we will be flying

Then he asks questions like if you have a particular instrument failure during flight ( eg : attitude indicator ) what would you do ? would you divert ? would you continue ? are you required to divert ? etc

My private pilot oral exam was for 2 hours , Instrument rating 2 hours and my Commercial was 3 . All the exams were conducted by a senior check pilot who works for a Major U.S airline . I passed all of them the first time thank you

I wonder how many students trained in India can answer the above question with respect to equipment required , documents to be carried on board , where would find the minimum equipment required
Any IGRUA or NFTI pre SPL level cadet can answer these stupid silly questions, no big deal.

For my commercial exam he made me explain to him all the factors that affect Vmc in a multi engine airplane and the different factors that are used while certifications of one and whether they increase or decrease Vmc
Which ofcourse is in addition to the systems and regs and navigation and weather and chart symbols .
Big deal youknow the full form of Vmc, like i said before, these basic things are asked in IGRUA and NFTI SPL exams.

I beleive that getting a FAA CPL is easier than getting an Indian LMV drivers license