PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough With The Scab Rehetoric!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2002, 07:15
Eric Zoolander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo, "Hand Solo" (direct quote from a really funny movie about really good looking people - but I digress). What are you four years old?

SOLO "Definition of a Strikebreaker," by Jack London

JACK LONDON, the man who wrote the famous definition of a scab, was born on Jan. 12, 1876 in San Francisco. London's bloodcurdling definition of a strikebreaker - a person who takes a striking worker's job and goes to work behind a picket line - follows:

DUDE YOU SAID IT: STRIKE BREAKER and Picket Line

JACK LONDON SAID IT: STRIKE BREAKER and Picket Line

ZOOLANDER SAID IT: STRIKEBREAKER x’s Picket Line = SCAB! So until I see a picket line I think Ya’ll are out of order, and irrelevant.

Hey here is a novel Idea: Why don't you go on Strike 'cause,” you talk the talk, but can you walk the walk"

PILOTS PULLIN DOWN 150 - 300 k / year give out the LAMO "Can't strike cause it's against the HK Law...or Can't strike cause I don't want to sell my 40 footer or lose my housing allowance or sell my condo in Maui / Whistler - cause I never saved for a strike - cause I'm really not pro union - I just get tired of being called on my day off and I thought the Union might fix that ...ya its too bad about those 49ers (better them than me though).

Hey I got an Idea lets make all those unemployed guys go on a virtual strike (jeeze there sure are a lot more of them since 9/11) ... Ya and if they don't like it we won't be their friends, and we will get IFALPA (not quite the same clout as ALPA) to put them on a black list and they wont be able to ride jump-seats and stuff (hey CX don't have no jump-seat agreements....SHHHH!) and we will call them Scabs and make them feel bad and stuff.......

Jee… I wonder what old Jack would think of that type of Union member ... pathetic comes to mind.

As an ALPA member in good standing I would be screaming at my MEC for not calling a strike vote when the sackings took place.... but as ALPA said, "The AOA was not psychologically ready to strike."