PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QNH on first contact
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 19:44
radarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r&p,

I was going to post earlier to say that a question such as your original one will elicit a number of replies from all over the world, from people working in quite different airspace environments and under different disciplines and regulatory regimes. The answers will obviously vary, depending on whether the poster is a pilot based in the Middle East, an ATCO from Glasgow, or a management type from some HQ, and at this early stage in your career you will probably end up getting more confused. As a trainee by all means use this forum to sound out ideas and ask for general advice, but beware of using a procedure in your day-to-day controlling just because someone on PPRuNe said they do it at their unit - it won't go down too well with the examiner on your validation board! My advice is to stick with your LCE's and UTO. I understand they may not agree amongst themselves, but put pressure on them to get a definitive answer from higher authority, and ensure that the procedure is then enshrined in unit procedures. It's called standardisation, and should be one of management's top priorities. (However, you will get to know more about management's idea of priorities as you progress through your career! )