PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 19th Jan 2011, 18:05
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kdhurst380, I am going to be very honest with you - after having spoken to a number of my other colleagues on Mixed Fleet, my advice to you given your worries about finances is STAY AWAY FROM MIXED FLEET UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING FOR CSM.

Those of us who are not lucky enough to be CSMs are REALLY struggling at the moment ... as I've mentioned before, I barely took home £1000 after a FULL month's flying.

We have gone from being one of the best paid cabin crew in the UK to one of the worst. I WISH I could be more positive right now, but unless the pay goes up (or we get promoted within the next few months to CSM - those of us that can apply), many people including myself will have no choice but to leave ... it really is that bad (financially). If you're just doing the job for pocket money, then obviously this advice does not apply (and even then, there are serious issues with rostering to be resolved).

Stay away from Mixed Fleet until it becomes established and some sort of pay increase is negotiated ... I am so sorry to sound negative, but the last few weeks have been very disappointing and tough, despite my enthusiasm for the actual job and a bunch of great crew.

Best of luck in any case.