PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates MBA in Aviation Management
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 16:19
desertopsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Cranfield Experience...

I don't find any issues with Cranfield's job assistance efforts and receive regular emails regarding well known and stable companies looking to hire from Cranfield. Airbus, Raytheon, Rolls Royce just to name a small few.
There is also an alumni page on Linked-In and the course directors regularly post leads and useful information that would help any would-be jobseeker.

Not everyone wants to work in India, if that is where you want to be then by all means attend an Indian Uni but Cranfield caters for an international mix and you must have surely met people from all over the world while you there.

Another point worth considering is that alot of the people on the Cranfield MSc are already employed or have positions waiting for them. People who go from undergrad direct to MSc/MBa will not always walk into a job as they lack that vital industry experience required to transition from MSc to employment quickly. The expectation of a high entry level salary just because you have an MSc is also another expectation that is often not met.

I don't agree with your point about most other courses apart from Embrey Riddel & Cranfield being a waste of time and money. There are many others that are excellent in other countries (Enac in France and there are also ones in Geneva and Australia). If you look at Embrey Riddel course content you will find it is very USA-centric, and that is fine if you intend to work in the US.

If the nationality of the person is a barrier to the them taking up employment in a reputable company in the US/UK/EU or elsewhere, then that is nothing to do with the school. Any prospective student should consider this before taking out expensive loans to attend foreign schools.
I don't have the right to live and work in the USA or China therefore I would not go to a US or Chinese uni and then automatically expect to work there afterwards, that is just plain crazy.

And finally, Cranfield has been in aerospace and aviation education since 1946...if anyone in a decision making position has 'not even heard of it' then that is certainly not the school's fault, there are more than enough switched on people out there who have.

Good luck,

All the best.