PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 16:14
White Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bazthehat
It's not just a "When I say jump, how high can you go?" situation, they clearly want to be able to judge your character, your management and CRM skills, communication skills, planning, leadership qualities, all on factors of which you (quite likely) will have no experience about. And lets face it - the situations that have ever had us sweating the most in the air is when something you've never trained for happens.
Complete tosh..................................

When I interviewed for a position as ATR DEC in the original CityFlyer (Gatwick based franchise of BA before big, bad Airways bought us and merged us - then spat out the AOC that is now the subject of this thread) in 1998, the interview was with Flight Ops fellah BH and an ex-pilot JK who was also co-founder of CFE. No HR bollox, if they liked you - to the sim for a 40 min check ride on 737 and I got the nod as I came out of the box.

No sign of HR anywhere! And guess what? All the guys and gals were first rate to fly with - all could communicate, fly, think, manage, plan, lead. (ok, 99% but that's better then pilots I've worked with who have been recruited by HR - FACT) And all the emergencies were dealt with pretty well when they happened - which was of course rarely!

The only HR hoop I was willing to jump through was EK - just so I could get out of BA