PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying Back Pilot Loan
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 13:17
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
I do believe people from integrated courses have a better opportunity when it comes to gaining an airline interview.
Im just getting to the end of my PPL now (waiting for some decent weather, and get uni exams out of the the way, to do QXC) and am still in two minds about whether to take the plunge, so many will be more clued up than me.

I was under the impression that the vast majority of fATPL holders now are taken on by FR on their SSTR scheme? Also on that scheme there is no difference between a modular student and intergrated? Same with FlyBE? I also believed that currently only Easyjet was the airline taking cadets from the intergrated schools with a chance for others going through the ATP scheme?

Im not trying to kick off the old debate on this, but when it relates to funding then surely getting a good backup that pays well, and working as you build up ratings (so remaining relatively debt free) is the best and safest way to go? Some smaller flying clubs that offer the training can have direct links to airlines, and have a much smaller output than OAA, CTC etc that you may still get looked after once you finish? Just a thought.