PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Hell With The Rules.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 10:01
mjbow2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlareArmed

As I stated the FAA can issue Letters of Deviation for parts or ALL of Part 125. Of course there are operators of large jets operating under Part 91.

You only stated part of the facts relating to private flight in large jets.

In my view Part 91 is perfectly adequate even for large privately flown aircraft. As the FAA has repeatedly stated, Part 91 operators of large jets have an outstanding safety record. There is no safety case to provide overly prescriptive rules to a problem that does not exist. Contrary to the 'Australian way' of rulemaking.

At least the FAA have Part 125. To my knowledge Australia does not have the equivalent but are leaning on private operators of large private jets to operate with an AOC. Perhaps you have first hand knowledge of this?

This is complete overkill in my view and is another example of the prescriptive nature of Australian rulemaking that puts an ever increasing stranglehold on Aviation.

Guaranteed that if the FAA saw a spike in OEI terrain collisions or fatigue related accidents etc Part 125 would be changed to exclude for example the option of Letters Of Exemption.

Without evidence of high accident rates under our equivalent or proposed Part 91 and the FAAs Part 91 for large jets, why should we put up with hundreds of pages of rules compared to 30 odd? Or is this the 'Australian way'?

Last edited by mjbow2; 19th Jan 2011 at 10:11.