PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 09:27
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole operation in general is undercrewed Pick Me Flybe. The bigger bases such as LGW bear the brunt of the shortfall. Shortsighted management caused many millions of pounds to be wasted last summer fighting fires caused by a severe shortage of crew. The noises coming from our management and the limitations of our training department (we don't have enough capacity to train the required amount of pilots) indicate this summer could well be another debacle.

I do think easy will be forced to recruit experienced/non type-rated pilots soon as the experience levels in the RHS are falling rapidly, the company don't seem to realise you cannot replace every 3000-4000hr SFO who disappears to the sandpit or BA with a 200hr cadet but this is the policy that is being persued at the moment. The problem for any experienced F/O who wishes to join from airlines such as FLYBE etc is I am almost certain they will try this FLEXI bllocks with you. I would urge you to tell them to shove it unless they are going to treat you with the respect your prior experience deserves.