PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SWA Captain delays flight for bereaved passenger!
Old 19th Jan 2011, 08:05
ExSp33db1rd

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I
am glad you are not in the UK. As you would not have been allowed to push back with that passengers bags still on board.
Agreed - now, but this was pre-9/11 and even pre-Lockerbie, and the airline concerned still gave the matter of offloading baggage "Captains' Discretion" and clearly the subject passenger wasn't a potential hijacker (on-board bombers weren't considered so much of a major threat then. )

Remember when it was nice to have " Captains' Discretion", chaps, before the World went truly Mad ?

However this is another topic alltogether.
Agreed, but I was just showing the other side of the picture - for every pax. deserving of sympathy and consideration, there are two ( or more ) who don't !! ( I could write a book )

I used to actually volunteer for the Mid - night freight flights -all I had to do was fly the aeroplane and didn't have to be nice to anyone - 'cept possibly my Flight Engineer, even the Co-pilot I could have managed without, but not the F/E, an essential part of every aeroplane. Ahhhhh !!!!