PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying Back Pilot Loan
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 05:21
EI 214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Phil, paying debt back

I personally think two of the most important steps to take to begin an aviation career are 1) get a third level education 2) get work experience. Neither need to be aviation related. Both of these combined will offer you an alternative option if your training doesn't work out or if in the future your flying career takes an unfortunate turn. When you do start your aviation career as a pilot get very good loss of licence/ medical insurance. More 'options' to help pay back the debt if things go wrong.

I would also have to respectfully disagree with Jay Solo regarding the airlines view of modular vs integrated. I do believe people from integrated courses have a better opportunity when it comes to gaining an airline interview. On most application forms they do ask whether you trained on an integrated/ modular course. If the Airlines had no preference they wouldn't ask.

I will PM you later with specifics on how much, when to start paying, what bank, the possibility of interest only payments etc.