PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PTC/Flybe Cadet Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2011, 04:05
gabino86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't believe everything you hear

I'm currently on the Flybe cadet scheme at the moment. I have just passed my PPL check ride and I am currently in my middle of the ATPL classes. I've heard good and bad about all the FTO's and to be honest I had initially planned on going to FTE because it suited me but the fact that I was accepted on the Flybe scheme I had to pounce at the opportunity and haven't looked back.

PTC are partnered up with FIT Aviation here in Florida who are one the most well recognised training organisations in the States and I have to say the instruction I have received has been brilliant. Before I even started flying I covered JAA PPL material & FAA PPL material (to allow me to fly out here) but it has given me a great foundation for the ATPL's. I also have to commend PTC on their choice of Ground school instructors who I find fantastic!

You might also be interested that representatives from Aer Lingus have been out here quite a few times in recent weeks and have shown a lot of interest as they are planning to hire quite a few pilots in the coming years. Things are looking up!

Anyways my point is take everything with a pinch of salt and don't snub an opportunity like this!