PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation degree
Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 22:09
RoyBoy20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys!

@ top vapour: Glad to hear that you are enjoying your degree, hopefully I'll be able to commence a degree part time as I will be unable to reduce my time at work. May I ask in what sector of aviation will you be hoping to get involved with? Have you been given feedback on the type of jobs you can apply for with the aviation degree with i.e. operations, flight planning, managment e.t.c...

@jackcarls0n: I understand your point in that getting a standard business degree would widen my scope if i ever decided to leave aviation. However considering your location do you feel that maybe getting an aviation degree would not be as useful compared to Europe or the US? What do you plan to achieve once you have completed your studies?

As I mentioned I am currently an airline pilot and I do not ever plan to quit flying as a profession. However in the future I would like to get involved with other sectors in aviation i.e. managment, consulting, recruitment, training all along side my primary career as a pilot.

Thanks for your feedback guys, I need all the advice I can get!