PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 21:09
rq4globalhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is the skill of MPLs to blame, the lack of training they have for the A320 procedure. good luck to other airlines getting the services of MPL graduates. Here in seair i guarantee there will be no MPLs for the A320

The MPLs went through the fast track - what most of them lack is "real" flying ... I'd give them a few months to a year of flying to level the playing field before passing judgment, if ever.
  • I've flown with 25,000-hour pilots who are basket cases (couldn't even pass second officer training).
  • I've flown with 3,000-hour+ pilots who I reckon are ready for widebody command .. and my fellow TRI/TREs express the same opinion

So if I have to assess someone, I wouldn't care if he went through the CPL/IR route or the MPL route - I focus only on the person's performance during the specific time frame he/she is with me.
  • I've had loudmouths who mess up when they're in the hot seat
  • I've had meek, silent types who keep cool and perform well under pressure.
In the end it all depends on the person's aptitude, intelligence, discipline and how he applied all of these during those hundreds or thousands of hours.

I wouldn't pass judgment on MPLs unless I've flown with one ... and I have .. also with all sorts of pilots for the last few decades.

I also wouldn't give a blanket judgment - only on that one person.

I don't consider myself qualified to make sweeping conclusions.