PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 20:41
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are correct. This has turned into a big political pissing match, with all sides involved. But hopefully, and I believe, that the people doing the job investigating this further, are not involved, and will post an objective, and complete report, with all details that they could muster once this is all said and done. The ultimate cause of the crash seems to have been determined, but the contributing factors, will be very important for this event not to repeat itself, at least in the PAF, where things are apparently not as they should be.
In my view they seem to have done a very good job so far.

I care little about the politics or what gets printed in the news for the public to be satisfied, even if it's different between either country.

The very few who are in a position to make this less likely to occur in the future are the only thing significant to the aviation matters.

Come to think of it, I can't even think who is in a position to learn from this and what more do they need to know

In the Ron Brown B737 crash quite a few years ago the lessons learned were promulgated among the few who needed it. In this case, while I believe that there are some open minded people on both sides, I don't see how the public is ever gonna be convinced unless by political utterings.

So I'm quite content for anything that satisfies the public for a win win on either side and let's get past this.