PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some Of The Crew Back In 1992-1993.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 18:48
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
probably some great stories came out of it.
Yes, and probably some may be better left untold.

All the people we worked with were very nice people, some still had no time for Yanks, but they all were happy with Aussies.

One of the main potential problems were as I said before they were only used to these really old Russian aircraft.

The first check we did in Saigon one of the local Mechanics went to do as they did on all their Russian aircraft, pull out the overwing exit and walk out on the wing, I just managed to stop him before he did so and deployed the escape slide etc.

Another time on a flight up to Taipei for an overnight I went up to the buffet to get myself a cup of tea, and the Vietnamese Ladies (CC) were having a discussion about safety things. They had apparently discussed the idea that IF there was an emergency landing they could open the cabin doors on touch down or even just before touch down in order to speed up the evacuation.

I suggested to them that they may want to discuss this with the Purser, as the Captain would be very angry IF they did this and sent evacuation slides down his engines.

Great people all of them, just they were NOT used to the technology of a Boeing 767.