PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army TA - Air Despatcher
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 17:48
Grimweasel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to trawl ARRSE - there are a few serving and ex-dispatchers here!

They are doing some very good work in Afghan at the moment and there are some good videos on you-tube and the BBC news websites.

I saw the light 5 yrs ago and defected to the blue side, but I have never regretted my 13 years at 47AD - good bunch of lads, who all need to have some modicum of sense about them to pass the assessment course to even get into the unit. Great work ethic and 'can do attitude' often matched by an equally great passion for extra curricular activities in the bars and nightclubs of the world!

There was always a good spot of banter with the crews down route or on Ex and we enjoyed doing the Movers job for them AND our own job - it used to wind the movers up all the time and step on their precious toes - so we used to do it even more to wind them up!!

Lim Bang and Arnhem troops always used to have a great spot of inter-troop rivalry on the go which made for some great sporting and social events!

I believe though that the last RSM of 29 Regt RLC stopped the blokes wearing the famous yellow Dakota -which we all found odd considering he was an ex-dispatcher himself! (Yido!!)

Still, there will be 2 'defectors' from the 47AD ranks back at Lyneham soon...both in positions of authority - what was Cranwell thinking LOL!!!