PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation degree
Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 16:22
top_vapour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear your already planning ahead for 2011!

Whilst I have no flying experience / work behind me I am currently studying my final year for a BSc in Air Transport Management. I chose to do such a course so that I could maintain my interests as well as getting a bit of management / business studies behind me.

The course I am on covers quite a variety of topics (not all of which are aviation specific) but after 4 years, everything appears to piece together. When I first looked at universities I found some that offered the same course offered a more engineering style course as opposed to management; but I believe now there are several universities to choose from.

I hope that having this aviation degree will give me an edge against other applicants when it comes to applying for jobs within the aviation sector. I have learnt the basic theory, I have had a year in industry and have been able to enjoy a degree rather than just work through it for the sake of having a degree.

I've always said that choosing to do the course I am on has been the best decision I have made so far and I am very glad that I had not chosen a standard academic subject.