PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 13:47
beernice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 70-80 confirmed resignations in the last 6 months. Or about 3%, the expected attrition rate. I don't think too much sleep is being lost.
Those of you thinking that this rate of attrition will lead to better terms and conditions dream on. We need 2-300 hundred pilots leaving and not being replaced to make an impact. I cant see this happening. All that happens is "willing" pilots agree to work their days off. I can understand FR contract guys doinig it but why in the world would a brookfield "contractor" give up their day off for nothing in return? You dont get any extra money and generally your hours are evened out so you dont get extra hours. It gets FR out of a massive hole and covers up the problems we have.
At the end of the day there are too many FR pilots. We are the ones that have to sort this out for ourselves.
One question to consider.
Ryanair pilots went down the non union route, easyjet pilots went down the union route. Who has the better terms and conditions?
Last time this came up Ryanair countered by saying it would close a UK base and freeze all UK bases. We backed down. What happened?
BOH closed anyway for the winter, pilots sent overseas mostly, most paying their morgages in BOH and paying rent in their new base commuting home.
Bases are effectively frozen, very little movement in or out, and if there is movement its not going to be you, its going to be the new guy.
No Commands. Why would you do command for more or less the same money? If you have a house in the UK and have to rent abroad you will actually be down money.And an uncommutable 5/3 into the bargain.
What have we got to lose?