PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which flying school for my PPL?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 11:58
deangwigan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi dodos9,

I live in Wigan and I am currently learning with LAC at Barton. I was in your position around 4 months ago. I decided to go with LAC after countless recommendations and having been with them for a while now I can too recommend the school. Its a really friendly atmosphere in the cabin and every one of the employees has helped me at some stage. My instructor Tony Partakis is a great guy and makes the flying even more enjoyable. LAC have a few different aircraft and I have flown all types at some stage over the years. I am currently learning in the GROB G115 which is a great little plane. Its tough to manage but recently I tried the Warrior and it was much easier to fly so my skills learnt in the GROB have paid off so far. I am 23 now but when I was your age I also did my work experience at Barton. I had the option of doing it in the Tower or with the Maintenance guys. I took the Maintenance route and I am glad I did. I got loads of flying in and got to work on the aircraft too which was great fun. The Maintenance Dept is now owned by Ravenair but I would try them for some work exp. If not the airfield still offer work exp. I think they have details on their website.

Good luck with it anyway and if you want to ask me anything with regards to my decision to go with LAC drop me a message.

Dean