PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 years on...
Thread: 4 years on...
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 09:16
YYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started my PPL on my 28th birthday in 2001, i'd always wanted to fly but never had the cash, but a house id invested in was doing well so i thought id start slowly and see where it took me?
Did the PPL over 6 months passed then went onto to do the rest after selling the house, I worked full time up to the IR when I thought it would be best to quit so i could concentrate more, passed the IR second time due to a poor single engine ILS.

The day I passed I went and hung about at the local skydiving club, after a while they said I could build my hours on a weekend with them so i did, I did this at the same time as an instructors rating.

I then landed a job 3 months later with a new foreign flying school as an instructor, the great deal there was they needed x4 singles and x1 twin delivering from the UK to their school which I had the pleasure of doing, took a few weeks and was a fantastic experience!

I worked there for about 10 months before I got offered a job doing general survey work back in the UK on a twin, this was ok but very slow work so i opted for an interview at FR, as over the past 12 months id managed to save some cash, I passed FR and invested further in myself, this was in 2007.

I've just left FR and I am starting a 777 course.

As per other guys here I can count on one hand the amount of bad days of work i've had over the past 9 years or so, and im very happy with the choices i've made so far.

All a little over four years for me but you get the idea, and as mentioned, i didn't start until i was 28, and i've just started with a new company aged 37.

Would I do it all again... yes

YYZ

Last edited by YYZ; 18th Jan 2011 at 10:03.