PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 03:12
The Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... and there it is folks, he wants a VMC free for all by a different name ... geez what a turn up!
What I know for certain is that US TRACON controllers use target resolution in Class C when visual conditions exist. Why wouldn’t you? Why would you want to be bound to our three mile separation standard which is designed for when you are in I.M.C.?
Not between IFR and VFR they don't, 3 miles is for 3 main reasons:-

1. It is a safe distance
2. It enables pilots to concentrate on aviating rather than avoiding
3. It reduces substancially the 'frequency loading' with MANDATORY traffic information and safety alerts.
Chaser, you haven’t answered one thing: what is the reason the military haven’t at least investigated target resolution procedures for Williamtown and, if they have, why haven’t they explained why they don’t want to go this way?
Why would they need to, they already have these procedures for VFR/VFR management in Class C, in a practical sense, just the same as the USA
I think you will find there has been no genuine investigation. Minds are closed. Minds are set in concrete. It’s a system where the incompetent are promoted and the lateral-thinkers leave.
It is clear whose minds are closed. If you are going to agitate, insult, misrepresent rules O/S and wrongly blame our hard working Military, at least get your facts straight first.

The Australian Military ATC operate from the same Manual of Air Traffic Services as does Airservices. Both the RAAF insignia and logo of Airservices are on the first page. Also, of greater relevance is that the M.A.T.S is in compliance of its parent legislative document, the Manual of Standards ... who do you reckon is the custodian of the MoS?

= CASA

BTW, I am sure all have noted, you still have not answered C Change's question re the requested clearance

How about you apologise to the hard working men and women of the R.A.A.F you have slagged and insulted?!?!