PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2011, 02:52
scran
Music Quizmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick: you said:

Scran
My examples in relation to Canberra are correct. You can fly in from the north across the missed approach path into Canberra and get a clearance from Canberra tower (whose airspace you are in) to fly visually to Parliament House.

Obviously if an aircraft on approach to Canberra does a missed approach, it’s in your vicinity. Somehow Canberra tower can handle this – like controllers do all around the world in places other than Williamtown.

What you said in your original post was:

Aircraft are allowed to fly to Parliament House when there is an aircraft on approach to the runway from the south.

I qualified my discussion when I mentioned the issue about an instrument approach onto RWY 30 at Willy. You are now expanding on your original point to make it appear correct - again!

So, your answer to me is:

BULL****

Without consulting the charts, even a missed approach of an approach from the north can easily be kept away from and Aircraft at Parliment House, which is basically 3.4NM west of the southern threshold (or close enough). An aircraft holding at Parliment House can simply be separated using lateral separation from the Tower.

That is not the case at Willy where the coastal lane is 3NM from the threshold RWY 30. (Although I can think of ways to have a missed approach aircraft separated from the lane quite easily.)

STOP CHANGING THE ARGUMENT TO SUIT YOURSELF.

(PS - I did two tours of Willy: 1976-79 and 84/85. In those 5 years, I remember holding aircraft on about 3 occassions - which were when Mirages were doing GCA's or an Instrument Approach to RWY 30. I NEVER held a lighty "just in case" of a missed approach on RWY 12. Oh, and re the Tower Airspace question, in my first tour the Tower "controlled" the lane, but on my 2nd tour Approach did. Now I suspect the Tower just controls the circuit area - but it's been a while, so....)

Do us all a favour...................

PPS - and thanks for the compliment - I think laterally and left.......