PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 21:31
NTZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting to get a little confused about what the problem actually is. You actually got access through Military Restricted Airspace right?

Just out of interest, do you drive a car? If so, you'll completely understand my grief when I tell you about an incident I had coming home last night.

I had to stop at a set of traffic lights and there was nobody, I mean absolutely nobody, on the crossing. Visibility was about 5km and cloud base about four thousand. Why are we stopping at red lights when there is no possibility of conflict? I must have wasted a good two minutes.

I was already angry from an incident the previous day when I drove into a national park and a sign at the end of the sealed section had the audacity to declare that "no vehicles were allowed, park and emergency vehicles excepted". This is clear prejudice and to be honest, ridiculous. There was only one group on the pedestrian track and visibility was at least four hundred metres, cloud base about ten thousand. Why would ranger vehicles and emergency vehicles get to access these areas, but not me?

Talk about restrictive procedures. Seriously though, I'll tell you who I'm not going to blame - the Police Department and the guys from Parks and Wildlife.