PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Association
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 20:45
JCBeadle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light Aircraft Association

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, apologies if this subject has been covered before or if it is in the wrong section, I have searched for this subject in pprune but have not found anything that covers this subject in great detail, and thought it would be beneficial for all who are not familiar with this organisation and how they could become involved.

I have been told that after completing your PPL and Night Rating, the best place to go for cheaper hour building is buying into a group at the LAA. For all those who are not familiar with this organisation they are a non-profit vintage flying club (put very simply.)

I would like to know what the LAA are all about. What they do, and how it works. And if anyone is a member or have any experiences of this organisation? From reading bits about fly ins into farm strips sounds incredibly fun! But what does it all mean? And without straying off the subject of "Professional Pilot Training" how does it work for hour building students?

Responses, criticism's and feedback negative or positive all welcome, I won't bite.

Happy Flying