PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly EASA - PLEASE HELP
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 18:34
GAZ45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fly EASA - PLEASE HELP

I’ve posted on this topic before but received no response. I know that there’s a fair bit of info on this flight school already on PPRuNe but much of it is out of date or out of context.

I am considering a JAA PPL course there;

All I really want to know is if this school is any good?

I know that experiences always differ. Two people can do the same course at the same time and have entirely different experiences due to a variation of factors.

I would plan to give myself a week or so more than the advertised course length, and also an extra bit of cash in the account (maybe £300/400ish) for any hiccups or extra lessons needed. Given this information, is it worth while?
I get the general feeling at the moment that this company are ‘OK’ at best and horrendous at worst. I also hear horror stories of 5K spent and no PPL at the end of it!

So I’m just looking for decent opinions that exclude things like “my lift from the airport was an hour late and my room was like fawlty towers”, because these issues really wouldn’t bother me. I’m concerned with getting the PPL in the advertised time (give or take a few days), very little/no issues with payment, and reliability of aircraft/instructors.

Oh and lastly, I understand that getting a PPL in the states isn’t necessarily cheaper than the UK; I’m actually contemplating doing the license over there as I can rely on the weather and get it done in a small timeframe.

Cheers
G