PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which flying school for my PPL?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 16:58
dodos9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will contact one of the flying schools at Barton and see what they think about me doing my work experience there. I asked the teacher who is in charge of work experience in my school and he said that there shouldn't be any problems as long as it's safe.

Now, I get what you mean by not paying in blocks. The way you advise me to do it seems more safe to me. Is it a problem to arrange this 'safer' way of paying for my PPL with most flying schools?

To be honest my flying career is what I am worried about the most right now. Unfortunately, my parents are not very rich, so I will have to earn most of the money myself. Although they said they will pay for my PPL, I don't want them to cover the whole amount. I don't have a job yet, because I am not over 16 yet. After my 16th birthday (31st October 2011) I will start working straight away and hopefully by summer 2012 I will have some money saved up to cover part of the cost of my PPL course (hopefully my parents will be able to cover the rest of it at that time). Then I can start my PPL and hopefully by the end of October, after my 17th my PPL will be issued to me. Does that seem realistic? Do you think I could manage completing my PPL in 4 months(including 2 months off school: July and August, during which I will have more time and weather will be better allowing to fly more often)?

After completing my PPL, I will keep working and saving money towards my next ratings (Multi-Engine and Instrumental Rating; I will have to save a lot for the second one) and hours building, so I can carry on my aviation career and hopefully in about 10-15 years start working in an airline. Again, does this seem realistic to you or is it just me being childish and believing that it all seems so easy (By the way, I know it's not easy and it takes time and that it does require quite a lot of money)?

Once again, thanks for all replies so far. I really appreciate the effort and time you put in to help me

Regards