PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 15:09
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, a bit of background, I have spent far too much time sitting at a large table trying to negotiate with folks from various sand boxes in the ME. Having said that I have to tell you that there are events taking place in the ME which are going to make this whole thread go away. What has started in Iran and Tunisia is going to crash through the Arab world like a flood through Holland, thus removing those who run these countries from their positions and abilities to go on such spending rampages be it Airbus 380s or military hardware. How long will it take? Good question, depends on the response from the military in each of these fiefdoms, who will take over? Lets hope democracy, but it could go as Iran did, one despot being replaced with a radical group of religious Zelots or Taliban like organisation. For those ex pats thinking this wont take place, good luck, but if you think the folks on the street are going to continue to build the tallest building or buy the bigest aircraft just to satisfy a few elite at the top you have a jolt coming your way! Its time to start moving your assets out to a safer place, mind you some of you are ahead of the game when it comes to this.For those who may decry my thread, lets have this same discusion five years from now, OK?