PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions to the unemployed pilots in India
Old 17th Jan 2011, 13:42
vdaff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions to the unemployed pilots in India

Hi all, I am also one of the unemployed CPL holders in India
Just wanted to see how many of you are here and what you doing now in life

I finished my CPL and all in 2008, sent CVs to every Operators in India and many others around the world but no luck till today. But still trying and trying.

I just joined as a supervisor in a departmental store few months back now earning around 9000 rupees (around 200 dollars a month)Spent around 50000 dollars for my pilot trainings. I also realized that I made a big mistake of not going for a degree first, a CPL is really worthless if its not a flying job. At least i would have been getting a decent salary if i had a Degree.

I can also feel the lack of respect by my friends, relatives who studied with me at school and now earning much more than me in Engineering, Management Jobs.Also few of my friends who did CPL with me and got lucky to get a flying job have settled in life at 22 years old. They are even getting ready for their marriage! My parents have been supportive from the start and still have hopes that i can make it as a pilot one but if i stay like this for more years, i know that hope will fade away.

Now i am going to start my management degree in correspondence because i understood that CPL is not going to get me to the next level if i dont have a pilot job at least that degree will save me in the future. So to anyone who planning to start flying training, my advise is that get a degree first then go for flying because it is a life saver.

So how is your life going with a CPL but without a flying job...