PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 12:23
C-change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Dick,

I'll attempt to answer but I also need some additional info.

C-change, from this it is quite clear you simply have no idea on how professional air traffic controllers work in countries like the United States and Canada.
Yes and no. I have worked with many Candian, US, UK and Sth African controllers over the years but I have never controlled outside Aus. When we have discussed different procedures, I have often agreed that they have better procedures in some instances and they have also agreed that we do some things better. Horses for courses I guess. From my seat, I live and work here in Oz and as I'm an employee, I work with the rules and procedures that I'm allowed too. I can't just make it up as I go to suit the traffic. If the rule makers change their minds (and they do frequenctly) I live with and get on with it.

I mentioned in a previous post the tower having airspace or the radar controller being allowed to use target resolution procedures. Why don’t you answer this?
Because I don't really know what you want. What are "target resolution procedures" ? What do you mean by this ? I'm not taking the piss by the way.
Are you looking for a reduction in the Radar separation standard of 3Nm between returns ? How will the Tower having the airspace help your example? Aircraft in the VFR coastal lane are very difficult to see from Willy Twr.

Also, if you felt holding was placing you in any sort of danger, did you ask for a higher lever, direct to the field to overfly ?

Last edited by C-change; 17th Jan 2011 at 21:41. Reason: typo