PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa and Emirates ......
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 10:07
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Sheik,

Thank-you for the info on UAE refining- nrews to me. It still stands that most of the oil refined and used in Dubai comes from Abu Dhabi, and they certainly wouldn't give it to EK any cheaper than market rate.

City,

Sorry Wizofoz you are right of course, you continue being a TRI/DEC in a shinny new jet and I 'll continue playing my FS98 in my windowless basement!
Please point out where my post was insulting or de4meaning to you, and explain why you felt the need to respond like this.

I pointed out a factual error you made, why is this a trigger for personal attacks?

They might do it for less than the market rate because it is all more or less Government/Family owned.
Who, exactley, is "They"??

My knowledge of accounting regulations is very very limited but if i see what differences we have in europe e.g. France vs. Ireland
Do you know what "Tax" is?

Who really knows who pays whos bills in DXB!
Apparently you do, or else what reason would you have for saying that EK pays market rates is a joke?

Even if the UAE need to import some refined oil I hardly doubt they import a large percantage
The UAE is a federation. EK is owned by the Dubai Government, which is one member state, not the seat of the Federal Government, and has precious little oil.