PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed wing microlight training near Luton
Old 17th Jan 2011, 09:56
zeddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

On sat i went down to peterborough all excited because the instructor there assured me the flight will be on in the morning. However, once I got there I was told its cancelled due to high winds but he insisted to go ahead with the "introductory flying day" anyways and talk about the course, the syllabus and costs etc. So we spent a good 2 hrs going through it all.

He then took me down to the bar area to buy me some lunch and did his very best to make me sign up haha. I didnt as I wanted to do my trial flight first to see if I liked it. Also I had major concerns about travel time as it took me 1.2 hrs to get there that day. He didnt seem to happy about my concerns and that I didnt want to sign up and pay somethign up front. He didnt feel 1.2 hrs travel time was too much.

He took the money off me anyways as he said this was their policy. He rescheduled my trial flight for the coming saturday.. So i guess ill be traveling there again to do the flight. I honestly doubt I will be using them as my school and leaning much more towards Exodus which is just 20 mins away. Having said that, Peterborough business airport is very nice with 2 long fully lit concrete runways. Exodus is a small 330m grass strip which I have been assured is fine for the eurostar! I just think the distance is too great to travel to pborough.

Oh well, so no flight yet. I have a trial booked at exodus on wed afternoon but the forecast isnt looking too great. Then I have the trial at peterborough on sat which I have to do really because Ive paid for it. I just wish the instructor there would have told me before I drove all the way down that we wont be flying in the morning so I didnt have to spend money on petrol and the money for the "flying" day!