PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tough medical standards
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2011, 01:17
gulfairs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Principle Medical Officer of the New Zealand CAA, Dr Dougal Watson is an interesting man with what looks like his own website. He is a pilot with an interest in aerobatics, gliding, ultra lighting, micro lighting, parachuting, parapente, rotary..................................

Take look at the PMO,page who make life very difficult for the over 70,s that still have the audacity in wanting to fly because they can and still feel OK
The PMO is only 55 but has flown at least 69 different types in 600 hour of flying. of which only 400 is PIC, He must an absolute whizz!
I suppose its better than a PMO who can't fly and thinks flying is stressfull, because they(the PMO) does not have the aptitude to Fly light or heavy aircraft. EEG the last female PMO of nzcaa who took 25 hours to convert onto a tomahawk!
One day, Just One day we in NZ might have some realism in the medical standards need and safe in GA
I note that world wide there has been one serious incapacitation in 1.3 Billion flight hours that cause death. WOW I cant wait.... for the next one.