PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rockport Walk
Thread: Rockport Walk
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 21:27
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PN:
How do the RAF VO2max compare with those on the link, ie what constutes a pass?
The Rockport test/tables should produce a measure of VO2Max in ml of O2 per kg body weight. The level reached on the existing shuttle run is simply read-off against age in the RAF tables to give Excellent Pass//Good Pass//Pass//Fail. For someone over 45, the requirement for a Green Pass is, I think, 7.07-9.02.

However, in the Loughborough Multi-stage Fitness Test of 1987 (based on work published by Leger and Lambert in 1982); these figures were then used against a high correlation graph to provide a figure for estimated VO2Max in ml of O2 per kg. See here for the tables:

MSFT VO2 Max Tables

So a result of 7-07 is indicative of a VO2 Max of between 38.5 and 39.2 ml of O2 per kg.

The PTI I spoke to before the test was introduced stated that the standards were the same for the Bike Test, 'adapted' Rockport Test and shuttle Run.

I would be interested in reading the research on which the 'adapted test' is being based, but as I said, I have seen nothing to date. Anyone care to share? Or post a link to an Intranet source?

STH