PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL to FAA ATPL
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 21:04
G-V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys!

HS125, that’s what I thought. Can you please point me to any official document with this rule.

That’s what I found and it is not specified if it is for validation based on the foreign license or for real FAA license.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Airmen Certification: Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, or Medical Certification

Airmen Certification: Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, or Medical Certification
If you are applying for a certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license under the provisions of:

14 CFR Part 61, Section 61.75
special purpose pilot authorizations under Section 61.77
using a pilot certificate issued under Section 61.75 to apply for a commercial pilot certificate under Section 61.123 (h)
applying for an airline transport pilot certificate issued under FAR Section 61.153 (d) (3)
(FAR 61.153:
· To be eligible for an airline transport pilot certificate, a person must
Meet at least one of the following requirements:
(d)(3) Hold either a foreign airline transport pilot or foreign commercial pilot license and an instrument rating, without limitations, issued by a contracting State to the Convention on International Civil Aviation. )
applying for a certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license under the provisions of 14 CFR Part 63, Sections 63.23 and 63.42
The Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760 must have the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) verify the validity and currency of the foreign license and medical certificate or endorsement before you apply for an FAA certificate or authorization. The processing of the Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form takes approximately 45 to 90 days to complete. NOTE: Do not schedule any travel and/or checkrides, etc until a valid Verification Letter has been obtained from AFS-760.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont you think that they have to verify that it’s a legal JAA license which you are presenting?

Thanks!