PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA Licensing Questions
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2002, 15:17
Ray Ban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JAA Licensing Questions

Hi all,

I have finally managed to extricate myself from one of the major FTOs, battered and bruised I have just obtained a JAA CPL/IR, frozen ATPL.

I thought nothing could be as stressful as the IRT but completing the paperwork and logbook for licence issue is a real pain in the rear! I have the forms from my FTO but no explanatory text to go with it. I have a number of questions I would like to ask of ex-modular students out there. I have tried to speak to Flight Crew Licensing but I was always disconnected as they said they were too busy and their web site has to be seen to be believed. Easy navigation – not! I should also add that my instructor and FTO have been too busy to really help out – typical hey!

Here goes -

1. What’s the fee for a combined CPL/ IR and multi rating?
2. I presume SPIC time is my GFT and IRT passes only. I was a modular student but one of my integrated student friends said all his follow up route flying with his instructor during his IR training was also SPIC. Any thoughts?
3. What is instrument ground time? Is it the briefing hours?
4. What are the exact requirements for issue of the above licence? 200 hrs TT and 100 hrs P1 but what about night hours and IFR time?
5. Whilst in Florida I obtained a night rating but never applied for the endorsement. Providing I have the hours, is such a rating added on regardless of whether I apply for it separately?

Thank you.