PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 20:45
SadPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kulverstukas

I checked both English and Russian versions. Taken as written, they say GoAround button was not used therefore not pressed. If they did not mean button/pressed, they could have said goaround mode not used. That's the passage I based my original statement on.

I tried to further trace the connections in the ABSU – when through about 5 different panels/interconnection blocks. It is extremely frustrating because there is no cross reference. So – you find a wire, look for it on one of 6 interconnection diagrams, each with several hundred wires, it goes to another block. You have to look for that block in 1000 pages of the documentation.

I gave up when one interconnection diagram had all the wires of a module EXCEPT for the single one I was looking for, which means they either made a mistake or for convenience drew that single one on another sheet because it was connected there. (It's so NICE today when one has searchable documentations. You can do such work in a few seconds).

But, all in all, I don’t think it matters that much because even if they tried to press that button when "Odchodzimy!/?" command was spoken, they then did NOTHING for the next ~6 seconds.