PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Junglie Merlins
Thread: Junglie Merlins
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 20:41
Admin_Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No money in the pot and no overdraft available. An easy sell to any taxpayer when told the only way to get more helicopters is for the taxpayer, NHS, Schools etc etc to pay for it.

The Armed Forces; it like all at MoD is sucking its thumb in the corner and licking its wounds. We must leave the world stage for we cannot afford it. China is the leader in the economic world with massive investment in African natural rescources. They are not peacekeeping and do not give two hoots what the western world thing about human rights issues. I cannot help but think that China has its priorities right including the defence of the nation. The UK is bankrupt; and it is not alone. The buzzword for 2011/12 will become "moratorium" I am sure of it.

Once free of the Afghan burden, I suspect Govt will be very selective at what world affairs it chooses to see. The US special relationship will die a death if it hasnt already. If the Germans bin the Euro currency I can potentialy see the EU collapsing and where will that leave any Anglo-French pact?

Still not convinced that Puma will see another 10 years out. I agree that Joint Force Merlin is likely and an RAF Sqn likely to disband and replaced in situ by a CHF Sqn No.