PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which flying school for my PPL?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 18:24
dodos9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which flying school for my PPL?

First of all I want to say 'Hi!' to everyone, as I am new on this forum.

In quite near future I will be interested in doing my PPL. I have spent some time on internet trying to find information about flying schools in my area. I live just outside of Manchester and I was thinking of doing my PPL at Manchester City Airport (Barton). However, there seems to be a few flying schools there. If you have any knowledge about flying schools at Barton or somewhere else near Manchester (Liverpool for example), can you please tell me which one would you recommend and why?

Another thing that I am interested in is the cost of PPL. On some website I have read posts saying that PPL will cost you about £5000, but then when I go on different flying schools' websites I see that the prices are roughly about £7000. It's a big difference. So, another question I have is how much should my PPL cost me?

And I have one more question, which is a bit off-topic. Do you know of any flight schools or any airfields around Manchester, to which I could apply for my Year 11 work experience? I thought it'd be good to start my aviation career as soon as possible, so doing work experience in Year 11 somewhere where I could get a bit of experience seems to be a good idea.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Kind Regards

dodos9